February 2, 2006been working a little every night this week on the console and i think its turning out pretty well. So far I have the console pretty much built, I just have to cut the lids hinge to the right size and mount it. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to cover it with the grey vinyl I picked up. For the cover I have both 2" and 3" high density foam for some cushion, I have to get it in the truck with the lid to see which size i need to use.
The holes on the front panel are for my switches and a pocket I found at west marine when i picked up the cupholders. Im moving the switches from my overhead console since im getting lazy to flip the switches. The pocket is the perfect size for my wallet, but its supposed to be for a hand radio i guess. The cupholders are the jumbo sized ones, which are supposed to be able to hold cans with a coozie too.
I got all the LEDs to work tonight, so i was able to get a couple pics of those too. I have a small 12V power supply box that i made for electrical class to power them.